Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring!!!


Spring is here!!!  And the flowers are coming out.  I'm ready to get my photos moving.  A couple nights ago, my aperture setting on my Manual Mode for my camera stopped working...  I was devastated!!!  I had bought the 5 year warranty on it and that expires in May -- thankfully!  BUT!!!  That would've meant no camera for the time being while Canon had it.  No pictures could be taken and I would miss the springtime photo shoots that people would want with the Bluebonnets and other Texas wildflowers.  They're absolutely gorgeous this year!  Thanks to all the rain and the cold weather we've been having this winter.  :o)  It was well worth the cold, wet winter for a beautiful palate of color for spring!!!!  Back to the camera issue, I ended up taking a ton of time looking online to see if anyone else had a similar problem with their Manual Mode aperture wheel and I found one guy had that problem when he first got the camera 5 years ago.  He ended up having to send it into Canon to get them to fix it.  I decided that I would try a reset on the camera by removing all batteries (including the internal memory one) and the lens, wait a minute and then put everything back and turn it on, reset my settings, name, date, etc...  By the lack of hair on my chinny chin chin, I held my breath and started it up, set all my times, dates, etc and went to the Manual Mode.  IT WORKED!!!!  I was thrilled and sooooo excited!!!  I ended up calling Jason to tell him the fabulous news -- well, I woke him up...being it was 12:30 am...  BUT I was so excited that it was working again!!!!  He was happy for me and then I let him go back to bed.  I had been beside myself and worried about not having a camera to use...  But, I'm happy to say my camera is in excellent working order and I'm ready to get some shoots going with the Bluebonnets and other amazing wildflowers.  

That pink flower photo I took two nights ago, that's when I found my camera not working.  My latest and greatest of my works of art.  My point of view of the world and life, shown through my eyes.


No comments: