So, I've temporarily been AWOL from posting photos (and I HAVE photos!!!) that I've done recently. I need to get them completed. In my last post (a couple weeks ago), I had mentioned that I was having to play "tidy up the computer" (if only it could've been like Mary Poppins with a snap of the finger, turning the job into a game) I realized through finding it before and trying to ignore the situation and then having Jason point out to me after he did a diagnostic on it... Alas, I have a problem with the hard drive. Word to those reading this, be careful what you decide to delete when cleaning up your computer. You may accidentally delete an important file disguised as "just some file you never use" and make it difficult for you computer to actually do it's job, requiring you to have to take everything off and do a wipe of the whole computer. :o) Oops! Hey! It's a Mac and it's 4.5 years old -- RUNS GREAT!!!! Well, until I laid my hands on it, taking it upon myself to get rid of the things that aren't necessary or used...
Sadly, since the "discovery" or rather having it confirmed that I had hard drive issues...I've been attempting to clean out files and put them all onto an external hard drive. It's almost complete, except I really worry about the possibility of not getting all of my files off... That would stink to lose something and not have a back-up, especially if it's one of my loved photos that I've done and not made copies or backed up onto a CD/DVD. If that happens, hopefully, I don't remember the photo.
SO! Just a reminder to everyone -- RUSH, think you are always trying to remind everyone of this -- back up your computers!!! You never know when you might have something happen to those hard drives or even have someone steal the computer, or heaven forbid (even WORSE!), have me get on it to clean it up! Rush Limbaugh announces on his shows about Carbonite and backing up your computers of all your photos and important documents in preparation of the day IT WILL happen! AND if you want to go there and do it, Rush says to use "RUSH" code and receive 20% off your order/subscription. Not bad!
Back to the original thought process, I have photos and many very ADORABLE ones of a cutie patutie (sp?)! And some of my family and Jason that I took right after church a few weeks ago. All recent with this outbreak of Bluebonnets. I LOVE this years flower season!!! I still NEED - yes! it's a need, to get the one photo of the Bluebonnet field and a Texas Longhorn in the middle of the field patch. Unfortunately, the times that I had seen the Longhorns out in the Bluebonnets, it's either been when I don't have my camera on me, coming home from work and right before the light has disappeared or it's been raining and I shouldn't risk my camera in the rain... The last time I did, I might have caused my camera to act out of frustration with the environments that I have pushed it through. I have two tripods that have given up and quit on me b/c of the environmental stresses I have put them through... Water and metal just don't seem to mix... So, I being mindful that I don't want to lose my camera and it's had much love through the adventures I've taken it on. I've shot over 20,000 photographs with it. My first digital camera -- cell phones don't count in this instance, just with one of my film photography professors... :o). It'll always be a special camera, like my first film SLR that I bought after I graduated from high school. ANYWAY!!! I haven't completed my computer issue as of yet. I've got a group of photos taken of Ashley, Kevin, and their little "K". I hopefully will be posting several of those photos today. Stay tuned!!!
***Disclaimer: All things that have been mentioned in this posting should not be done at home or without supervision of a computer nerd. Results may vary between individuals! ***
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a bummer. Computers can be a blessing and a curse. We look forward to seeing pictures! No rush.
Post a Comment